Monday, January 08, 2007

Christmas 2006 in Turkey






I know this Christmas post is oh, about 2 weeks late. But we've had a busy couple of weeks, lots of local visitors and two from far away! My brother Matt and his girlfriend Brooke stayed with us in Izmit for over a week and we had a lot of fun together. They helped watch Topi while I made a Christmas dinner of roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, Dad's broccoli and cauliflower bake (minus the Cheez Wiz), and homemade pumpkin pie. In Turkey, you can't buy pumpkin pie in a can, so I roasted the pumpkin and then pureed it myself. Topi wore his Christmas outfit from Judy and managed to snatch an ornament off the tree all by himself! At the end of the night, he was pretty tired, as you can see. Lots of excitement for a 2 month old! I hope everyone had a good Christmas!

No comments: