Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Delightful Sunday Afternoon


A gorgeous, blooming bush... anyone know its name?


In the pasture

Topi herding

Farm hand

Waiting at the gate

The weather has taken a very warm turn, here, and while we are enjoying it, we're bracing ourselves for humidity that won't quit and nights that may not cool down. We don't have an air conditioner, and while this may bother some, we love to open up the windows and night and seal in the cool air during the day. This past Sunday we ventured out in the heat to visit our friends Sevinc Hanim and Husseyin Bey at their farm. They have goats and chickens and cats and dogs and turkeys! I think the pictures tell a better story than words can!

An 'American' Turkey, according to Husseyin Bey


Lina petting the turkey



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos! Looks like fun. I'm looking foward to one day taking my boys to my brother in laws parents farm in Konya. I know they will love it!