Wednesday, September 27, 2006

36 on my 28th

36 weeks on my 28th birthday! Yesterday, September 26th, I had my second birthday in Turkey. Last year my friend Jenny was here and the three of us went out for pizza in Degirmendere, on the other side of Izmit across the water. This year, we've stretched my birth 'day' into a week, with a little celebrating here and there as Devrim had to go to Ankara on my actual birthday. He came back last night laden with wonderful bulk supplies of jasemine rice, naturally dried figs, walnuts and a fantastic blueberry syrup we tried on panckages this morning. He also helped me decide on my birthday "printer" that I bought a couple nights ago... now instead of bugging him to print documents, I can do it from the comfort of home, and scan, copy, etc. Devrim also had my mother's watch repaired for me... I have had it for years but not been able to wear it. Wearing it in the weeks leading up to baby deniz's birth will mean a lot to me.

And of course, the best gift is yet to come....!

Before we took this picture last night, I was certain I didn't look much bigger than before. Behold the evidence. Even I was shocked! I see myself every day, but I hadn't realized that I really do look huge! Thanks for everyone's kind words on the baby's room... it has been a really wonderful project for me and a lot of fun to work on.

1 comment:

Bosphorus Glass said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE,
You look fantastic with that huge belly.
Wish you a wonderful year with your baby.
Ilknur