Sunday, September 17, 2006

Clouds and birds...


A blue bird, whale, honey bear, elephant, humming bird, clouds, ladybugs, and rabbits. I painted the walls in the baby's room with these little creatures. Near each one I wrote their names in English and Turkish. Here's a glimpse of the rest of the room in progress, though it is nearly done. Small things to be added.



The furniture is from Ikea, which ironically I live closer to in Turkey than I did in the US (though there is now one in the greater-Detroit area). I made my list, had the store mapped out and not only did we get in and out in record time (only 2 1/2 hours), but thanks to Ikea's handy online catalog, we spent almost exactly what I had estimated. Compare this to our most recent baby shopping excursion in Izmit, where one has to go from place to place to compare prices because the prices can vary considerably for nearly the same things, I felt immense gratification in being able to make a list and cross things off at our one-stop shopping trip to Ikea.


A particularly funny moment was trying to explain to Devrim that we would go to Ikea, buy things, and then bring them home. I don't think he has ever bought anything out of a catalog in his life. And in Turkey, almost everything is delivered for free, so Ikea is kind of an anomaly.

At 34/35 weeks, I am feeling really good and have more energy than I did during my second trimester! I have yet to take a decent picture in the last couple weeks of my belly, but I will post one soon. And more pictures to come of all the apartment changes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rose, The baby's room is sooooo beautiful.
I just love the paintings. You have inspired me!
Love, Jo xxx