Thursday, October 26, 2006

A couple more....



I can see that already I am going to be one of those moms that has to post every single cute picture of her baby, but I can't resist! I have Topi mania. :) Here are also a couple pics of me with Topi... I have that very tired look on my face that will probably be there for months.

Everything is going really great, and I feel like we are getting settled in at home and into a nice pattern. In Turkey, it is customary not to leave a mother and newborn alone for the first 40 days of the baby's life. I have been in good company every since Evren Toprak was born and know that I will continue to be cared for until the first precious six weeks have passed. Thanks to all of the help from Devrim's family and my friend Damaris who literally did everything from cook to clean to iron baby clothes!!, I didn't have to think about a single thing except Topi and rest for the first five days. Now Gunes and Devrim's mom are on mom + baby patrol, so I know that if I need anything, they are right there. I can't tell you how much this means to me.

I already love being a mom, and Devrim is a natural.... I can't believe it is possible to experience this much love. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!you seem very happy mother...ı am happy too for you :)

take care of yourself and your baby...;)