Friday, October 13, 2006

Diaper bag

I decided that I couldn't possibly have the baby until I finished the diaper bag I was working on! I started it a few weeks ago, but it took so much work that I had stops and starts. It is the first bag of its kind that I made, which is why it took so long... and I wanted some really specific components like interior pockets to hold bottles and a side cell phone pocket. I also wanted a reinforced lining and stain-resistant interior.

So here are the details:
  • two interior pockets to hold bottles
  • one interior side has two pockets to hold diapers
  • the other interior side has a snapable pocket to hold a blanket or clothes
  • triple layer fabric plus use of recycled plastic components to reinforce sides and back
  • two snap closures on the front flap
  • main zipper closure
  • the pink brocade detailing is sewn into the seams
  • interior fabric a washable polyester
  • strong single strap (not adjustable, but I couldn't do everything this time!)
I didn't make a changing pad because I have a couple of them. I would also, if I make another one, make an insulated pocket to hold bottles for a longer period of time. The bag would have to be bigger, though.


If you want to see more pictures of the diaper bag, I have posted them on my Flikr account.

As for everything else, I am feeling great at only nine days away from my due date. Devrim is in Germany until Saturday, so I've been enjoying a couple days to myself before he returns and the baby is born!

1 comment:

Bosphorus Glass said...

Hi Rose,
I just love this bag.
What an amazign color choice.
And If I ever got pregnant I'll definitely order one for myself.
Take care.
Ilknur