Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Kemik

kemik and a very pixelated image of the pinar süt cast of characters....

Kemik, or 'bone' in English, is just one of four collectible puppets from a Pinar Milk company TV commercial campaign in Turkey. Claiming I wanted one for the baby, I set out to obtain at least one as I was lured by the strange design and rather happy looking intestine and brain. During the month of June, to recieve one's own puppet of an internal organ or bone, 100 points needed to be saved from the side of a container of milk, yogurt or cheese.

1 carton of milk = 10 points
10 cartons of milk/one month

We only made it to 8 cartons by the end of June, with two accidentally being thrown away, and I was despondent. Thanfully, the last time we went to Real, the major supermarket near us, a promotional offer allowed us to buy 8 cartons for a 'free' Kemik puppet. I couldn't resist. Devrim wasn't so charmed, but had put up with my fascination for a month and was hoping this would quell my disappointment. Now we also do not have to buy milk for a month.

So:

8 cartons + one free Kemik from Real
+ 8 cartons of milk in one month =
_______________________
1 not so very free Kemik

But I am pleased. Now I only need to get 24 more for the rest....
--check out Pinar's website for more!

No comments: